[dfwPython] SQLite and SQLite3

Martin Thomas martin at martinthomas.net
Thu Mar 12 21:16:52 CDT 2009

This may be a dumb question but here goes..
What are the significant differences between the Sqlite and Sqlite3
modules?

I think that
a) Sqlite3 is included in Python 2.5 and on so I think that sqlite is
just another name for the module before then
b) there are no sytactical differences between the two  (after all
they are using the DB-API, right?)
c) the internals of the two modules are the same so I can import
sqlite as sqlite3 or vice versa without problems.

A colleague was trying to tell me that they are different but didn't
hang around to demonstrate.

Cheers // Martin